Having a Jump Rope/Hoops for Heart Event!
Free annual KAHPERD membership
When your school raises $2,000, free coordinator SHAPE America Membership
Raising money for the American Heart Association
Be a HEART hero!
WE’RE WORKING TO MAKE KIDS HEALTHIER
Jump Rope For Heart, Hoops For Heart and The Great RePlay are sponsored by the American Heart Association and SHAPE America-Society of Health and Physical Educators. These events engage elementary and middle school students with jumping rope, playing basketball and being physically active while empowering them to improve their health and help other kids with heart-health issues. All three programs are great ways to satisfy the National Standards for Physical Education and the National Standards for Health Education.
During Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart Events:
Kids learn the value of community service and become empowered to contribute to their community’s welfare.
Children join together in helping other kids with special hearts.
Students learn how to develop heart-healthy habits while being physically active.
Participants learn jump rope and basketball skills they can use for the rest of their lives.
Kids raise funds for research and outreach programs that can save lives.
HOW IT WORKS…
Jump Rope For Heart, Hoops For Heart and The Great RePlay events are conducted in schools by physical education instructors, coaches or teachers and can be scheduled whenever it’s convenient — during physical education class, lunch or before or after school. Once you register, you’ll receive an event kit with everything you need to conduct a successful Jump Rope For Heart, Hoops For Heart and The Great RePlay event:
1. Step-by-step instructions on scheduling, promoting and conducting the event.
2. Educational modules for heart-healthy curriculum to support heart awareness with the event.
3. Tips for fundraising. Participants ask friends and family for donations and receive thank-you gifts based on the dollars they raise. Our online tool makes raising money safe, easy and fun for families and schools.
4. Training and support from an experienced American Heart Association staff person.
5. Teachers receive opportunities for professional development at the state and national level.
Kentucky Jump Rope for Heart
Joy Heines, Coordinator
American Heart Association Coordinator
Youth Market & HeartChase